Thursday, April 20, 2006

Onward

The Walla Walla Stage race is this weekend. I head out tomorrow for the 5 1/2 hour drive solo. I'm meeting up with my new teammates - and I'm super excited to meet them. I did meet Mary last year at the velodrome. I'm going to make the most out of this weekend - it should be a lot of fun.

Here's what Miller said in response to what I asked him:

Jen,

I think that we are encountering two forces here that are affecting things-
one is obviously the emotional toll and difficult conditions experienced in
the last week. You must allow yourself some freedom in that area, because
it is never easy to deal with and although you may feel like it shouldn't
affect your performance it inevitably always does.
The other aspect is that we are now comparing ourselves to much higher
standards. Remember where you were last year? You are doing much better,
the season is still young, and you have a lot of racing left. Hawaii may
have set things back a little, but in the long run we should be fine. Give
yourself some time, focus your energy on making the most this coming
weekend, and go from there, OK

No comments: