Monday, April 24, 2006

Goals

So it's been a while and I got out of my normal routine - and now I think I'm finally back on track. Which means more blogging - more self reflection and time to get serious and start ticking off my intermediate goals.

Speaking of which - I'm not sure if I ever even posted those for this season. Maybe that's do to not really formulating what I wanted to accomplish this year - but now I'm starting to get the shake down and ready to do some hard work. So without further audeiuuieiedoooo (how ever you spell that!).....

NRC - Compete in 5-10 NRC crits this year and place in the top 2/3.
- Acheive a top Cat 3 rider placement
- Figure out the scene and how to adapt to it

Local - Consistent top 10 placement regardless of discipline (early-mid season)
- At least 5 top 6 placements by seasons end
- Improve time trialing and dial in position/bike
- Improve my climbing
- Pushing myself outside of the comfort zone and getting comfortable being uncomfortable.
- Start racing with the men consistently
- Motor pacing practices - at least 5

Track - Become the force to beat at the drome within the womens field
- Race with the men and beat them
- Push a bigger gear - 51 x 15 or larger at Marymoor
- Work on jump in a bigger gear
- Pursuit work in the pain cave

General - Dial in nutrition and best foods to eat prior to training and competition.
- Regular stretching routine
- Find the best electrolyte mix on the market and train/race with it
- Limit alcohol intake
- Limit chocolate intake
- Cross train with rock climbing/ core strengthening
- AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep a night. Meaning - go to bed earlier if need be!

So that pretty much sums it up for now. I actually feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders now that I have established some goals. Before I was training, but without a real aim or purpose, which was resulting in mediocore results. I wasn't truly happy with my performance because I didn't know if I was doing the right thing or not. But now that I have a baseline to work from - I can start ticking off the goals.

More to come on this past weekend's Walla Walla adventure with the new team!

No comments: