Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Ball is Rolling....

I found out on Thursday night that the Tamarack offer has been extended to include me - and I happily jumped at the chance. I went for a ride with Emily yesterday to Magnolia and we talked about the different races - which include several East Coast crits. I am super stoked! It'll be great to race with some other women who have experience and can guide me in this crazy sport. I'm floating on cloud nine!

I do have a slight problem though - I took my bike into the shop to get worked on and they've had it for two days. Understandable - they are in full bike mode right now. Spring is here which means their bike sales go way up and most of the mechanics time is spent building them up and making them just right. But that left me with a little issue -no bike. Well that just doesn't fly - so I'm in the market for a new bike and am leaning toward another Kona.... so we'll see.

It started raining this morning for the first time in several days. Hopefully it will wash down the streets for tomorrow's race. Otherwise it might be a crash fest on Boat Street. My goal is to stay in the front as much as possible - never going deeper than 8 back. My heartrate is increasing just thinking about it!

We had some friends over for dinner last night and laughed the night away. It's been a while since we've had such a large group - but it was well worth the effort. One thing's for sure though - I will not do that the night before a race!

No comments: