Sunday, April 02, 2006

An Invitation....

I just got off the phone with my friend Emily. We had an interesting conversation - that ended up being an invitation. Let me fill you in on some back ground information... there's this local rider named Carrie Eller who is a strong Cat 2. She was on the Tamarack Team - a pro women's elite cycling team based out of Boise, Idaho. Emily is on the squad and some other women who are up and coming riders. From my understanding they are focusing on crits this year - and one of the highlights will be Superweek in WI. Carrie showed up to the first couple of Mason Lakes in Tamarack kits - but then last weekend I noticed she was showing Ti Cycles. Odd. I hadn't talked to Emily about it nor approach Carrie to find out why the sudden change in jersies. Well it turns out that Carrie decided to not ride with Tamarack this year and instead ride on Ti Cycles and be part of Erik Lynch's composite team to go to some larger stage races. What this all boils down to is that Emily was talking to Brooke, the director of the team, and she asked her if there was anyone else she knew who could possibly fill that void Carrie left. She said yes - although I had committed to another local team for the season - she would at least ask me what I thought. Frankly I'm flattered! Although I didn't say yes immediately - I would like to think it through before completely signing on. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the situation and make sure it's what I want to do 100% before I say yes. Pretty kick ass though. We'll see what develops - I need to think about it a little bit more. :)

No comments: