Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Goomer

Amara just posted pics that her dad took at the race last weekend - and I am an idiot. Every single picture he took - and there's probably 8 or so - I'm smiling a big goomer shit eating grin. The funny part - here's a pic from my before getting dropped....
And here's one from after I got dropped on the second hill, first lap. Don't worry - every picture in between shows the pearly whites. Uh - Jen, are you forgetting that you are competing? It's supposed to be painful and you're not supposed to be having that much fun..... someone forgot to tell me that one. My husband just responded - you're not going to get picked up by a pro team using that tactic. I think I was just stoked to be racing my bike again - who cares what anyone else thinks?

On a side note - my test results came back. They are super low. I did the test indoors - and lacked the motivation to go until you feel like you're going to puke - to get a true feel for my power threshold. We ended up using data from some harder training rides. Regardless though - my power threshold needs to come up. I'm on the scale of a solid Cat 2 rider - but I want to be on a higher level. So we're focusing on increasing that until june/july when speed becomes the focus. This past couple of weeks has been a humbling experience. I just need to keep going and get past this rough patch....

No comments: