Monday, September 15, 2008

remembering a boy...

Another 3am wake up call. My brain just doesn't want to shut off. At least this time I didn't wake up weeping but instead woke up thinking about Ryan in that photo standing outside of a 50's dinner in Bellingham. I remember that day like it just happened - we had met with my mom for lunch and I hadn't seen him for oh, 12 hours? (He usually stayed overnight but when my mom visited - he had to go sleep at this own pad.) He wore this green Columbia ski coat that made his eyes sparkle and his kisses were magical. He smooched me despite my horrible green stripped shirt, khakis, and hot pink scrunchy with the same passion he always displayed. And my mom, bless her soul, just laughed and giggled with us, celebrating the incredible union we had.

Thank you for sharing yesterday with me for those that came out. I know quite a few people who were unable to go - and I could feel your love from afar. And thank you to everyone who pitched in to remember Ryan. Trish is having another memorial next Sunday, the 21st, at 5pm at her studio (www.studioufo.net) in Bellingham in case you didn't get to attend or would like to spend more time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day yesterday. I am just taken back by what great friends you both have. The courage it took for all those men and women to get up and talk about Ryan, just amazing! I hope it was helpful. I know it made me fell better and proud to have a relative so astonishing. More IPAs to come next Sunday. All my love, cousin Kim

Anonymous said...

We had a great time visiting and remembering Ryan. We'll see you next Sunday! And...I love you blog. :)--Cassie