Wednesday, August 02, 2006

hump of the week


This is a pic of Tyson on Chronic.. Ryan didn't have any of himself on it. But it will give you the general idea.....

The weekend threw me off a bit - I kept thinking today was Thursday. Racing on Friday and Saturday instead of the typical weekend days confused me. :) (HAHAHAHA~!!! I just read my last blog entry - proof I was confused about what day it was!)

Last night was fast track. I did some 600m efforts with Annette in the pursuit position. Which brings up two things - my seat squeeks like crazy when ever I sit on it... and second - my starts are lame because my bars are too high. Time to get those fixed today. But on to better and much more important news.....

Headed out to North Bend tonight to watch Ryan do some climbing at his home crag little Si. The hike to the wall is about 20 minutes - through a really cool forest. Our dog Makiah knows it so well she herds us all the way up. It's definitely her crag too. We went up on Sunday and stashed some beers in the river - a well deserved and tastey beverage on the way back to the car.

Ryan nearly sent this hard 85 foot overhanging route. He one hung it from the top - almost completing a redpoint. Then he climbed 5 other pitches of equally hard routes and could barely wake up on Monday morning. Then last night I called him on the way home from the track and he redpointed Chronic - a 13b. Bad ass!!!

Tonight is his 4th day on and I'm going to bike out there to join him and watch. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pics...

No comments: