Saturday, August 05, 2006

"Don't let Mindy or Jen catch us!"

I will definitely take that as a compliment. Someone said that's what Gina told the small break away from today's Gig Harbor Road Race. Is little ol' me really a big ol' threat? It made me chuckle. :)

So the race was only 35 miles - on rolling terrain with one 1/4 mile steep rise at a 7% or so pitch. Then once you summit you continue on a false falt that puts you right into a head wind. It was a great course - and it was nice to see how far my climbing skills have come. I just wish I would have some sort of power data from the race - cuz I know them watts where flowin'!

We basically got a break of 8 right from the first lap up the hill and then held on from there. It widdled down to 4 - Dana, Beth, Gina and Suz on the final climb and Mindy, Trisha, Shannon and I were trying to chase them down. Unfortunately my track legs were slightly taxed from last night and I couldn't pull an ounce harder than I had before. Oh well. The finish was good - a sprint between me and Trisha. All in all - a great day of racing. I really thinking my training has come a long way - not only physically but mentally.

Oh - and last night I raced with the Cat 3 men and got two 3rd places - one in a 25 lap scratch race and another in the 10 lap tempo. Saweet! And I used a much bigger gear last night - 51x15 and it felt good. I think it's safe to say I finally graduated to a bigger gear!

Ok... enough rambling... time to shower my stinky butt.

No comments: