Sunday, June 11, 2006

Good Times, Good times.

This weekend was action packed with lots of fun racing and decent weather. Friday night kicked off the festivites with Track racing - and kicking it in the men's cat 3 field. We had a lot of men show up - maybe 20 in our field? The women wanted to have our own race so we did a miss n out - which I did much better in than previous attempts. Emily even came out and won that race! It's great to have her out there.

The final race was a 4 x5 points race - and I made one big move to sprint for points, only managing 6th place and the points are only up for grabs for the top 4 places. Damn. Better luck next time. It was hard to get up front and stay there - but that's what you need to do in order to be in contention for the sprints.

The following night was the Ballard Twilight Crit. Last year Miranda Duff crashed me out so I definitely had something to prove to myself that I could finish the race. I did great - staying in front and catching the poor cat 4s in 11 minutes after the race started. People were shelled left and right. But I kept myself up front with a positive attitude and it paid off. Right before the corner three in the last lap Noreen pulled a crazy move and nearly took out the field. It scared a lot of people from being in the running. Patricia Bailey seized the day and won! She's so amazing and strong. Very impressive. Yours truley forgot she was on a road bike and that you can shift down during a sprint. I spun myself silly up to the line - pipping a Ti Cycles girl by a bike throw. It was a great race and I look forward to viewing the pictures.

I can see my break throughs coming out more and more as the season progresses. I am enjoying myself every time I get on the saddle. It's great.

No comments: