Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fluid motion

Floating on the track is all about being light on your toes and able to read a situation. It's a fluid motion - one that needs to be practiced over and over until it becomes second nature.

Patience.

My sprint is wild. My bike shakes from side to side - not traveling in a straight line but following my upper body. It's fast - but can and will be faster. Instead of rocking so heavily from side to side and having the bike follow, pull the bike in like a bicep curl and have the bike move, without losing the line your following. Fluid = efficent = speed.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of what I learned last night during fast track. I have to keep some of my secrets to myself. :)

I did buy a book yesterday on sports physcology and it works on breathing and relaxing exercises. They are already helping.

No comments: