Friday, April 08, 2005

Thursday

managed to avoid the rain yesterday evening before heading out to see Elvis Costello last night at the paramount. It was a really good show - I recommend seeing him. He's much different then your perception of him from his recorded tracks.

The legs felt good - a little fatigued from the previous day sprint efforts but still feeling strong. I can't wait till my new rain bike comes in. I'm sick of riding the Trek.

On the racing front - I must say that I feel like Amara took advantage of my inexperience in racing. Actually, it was probably one of the best lessons I could have had. Now I know to chill and watch what develops in the beginning of a crit - see who's feeling strong that day and who's not. I'm going to try and suppress my nerves in the beginning so I don't fly off the front of the pack. Then wait and reel them in. I'm looking forward to another crit.

No comments: