Thursday, April 28, 2005

Seward Spank

My legs feel like they used to after a hard telemark skiing effort. They are tired and worn out. That means that I gave it my all today - and then some. I didn't hold back at all. What a great feeling. I'm looking forward to the day when I beat the men. :)

That was a good experience - getting in a bigger pack like that. It was good to move around and get my teammates motivated. Melinda and I worked together - she sat on my wheel for a couple of laps and then had enough energy to keep going. I didn't sit on enough wheels tonight - however, resulting in extreme fatigue. And maybe it was rookie of me to keep going once I got dropped - but how else am I going to get stronger?

I'm bummed I didn't get to sit on your wheel much - maybe next time. That was my first Thursday night - and I'm looking forward to doing more of those and getting that much stronger. Next time I'm going to target some men to see if I can keep up. Once I mark them off my tick list then I'll move on to another victim. I'm thinking that if I set small goals for myself while in a crit, then it won't be as overwhelming with all of those people. Hmmm.. something to think about. I'm headed to bed - I'm pooped.

No comments: