Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Efficiency of Sprinting

Thank you for today. To reiterate - we broke the sprint down to its most basic principle - being fluid on the bike. Analyzing it down to its most simplistic form. Not only did this improve my comfort level and bike handling skills, but it also did wonders for sprints. I will practice my fluidity each time I ride. My hope is that I won't have to consciously practice it - it will just come.

On the sprinting note - your shark anaolgy is perfect. Keeping the body in a straight line, yet letting the bike go where it feels fluid and natural. Wiggling - but not an out of control movement, more like a graceful spagetti noodle with power and speed. Feeling the tension throughout the core, through the legs and upper body; keeping my shoulders and elbows in attack mode.

I really, really like sprints.

The bike is just an extension of the body.

Combine power and efficiency and be faster than 95% of the women.

No comments: