Saturday, March 05, 2011

Chin scratches.

Today was very beautiful. A lazy morning coupled with a nice 2.5 hour ride with friends out to West Seattle in the sunshine and warmer temperatures was just what the doctor ordered. A little bike love and no fenders kept a smile on my face the whole time, despite a rear tire sidewall blow out while screaming down a hill. My mechanic slacked on my rear brake placement and it in turn put a nice little slice in my 4-season, usually bomb proof continentals. Next time I talk to my mechanic I think I'm going to make a point of letting them know that my life and livlihood is in their hands and to be really careful! Oh wait, that's me. Doh!

Luckily a bike shop was just a short click-iti-clack cleat walk downhill. And low and behold we (being Wes, Heidi, Liz and I) discovered one of the cooler bike shops in the area - Aaron's on California. Lots of retro bikes, super nice mechanics and two cats - Presta and Schrader who make the shop very welcoming. I picked up my very own copy of the 2011 Northwest Race Guide, boasting teammate Jennifer Wheeler on the front cover and a nice little write up of yours truly. Thanks Bicycle Paper!

Now I sit, with throbbing legs and a hungry belly waiting for my dinner to finish baking before heading up the hill and catching up with Christine Chang who is in town. Yep, today was a pretty good day. Despite potentially scratching my chinny chin chin on the pavement. :)

No comments: