Wednesday, March 16, 2011

August 2012

Do you ever do something just because? You take a step out of the ordinary; leap into oncoming traffic; divert from the norm; push a button that feels like a pivotal point. A moment, that once it passes, has long lasting implications. That instead of talking or thinking about something, you just take action?

Call it impulse. Call it a sense of adventure. Call it crazy.

I just hit the send button, requesting tickets for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Like life, there are no guarantees. Yet I couldn't resist punching in my credit card information in hopes that I can see history in the making. My thinking? I get to see my friends compete and incorporate a bike tour. And if by some wild card chance I'll be there on different terms - at least my mom will get to watch.

Only 500 or so days to go....

No comments: