Saturday, October 07, 2006

Points race final

By nearly making the mistake that would have cost me the qualification heat and using the points as a miss and out - my game plan was entirely different for the final. First I upped my gear - knowing that the race was going to be fast and furious. I also wasn't going for any hard efforts in the first several sprints because the pace was going to be constantly fast. So I rode in the back - sucking on Hammer's wheel. I knew her move was coming too to lap the field but I don't know why I hesitated to get on her wheel when she made the move from the back. I keep playing that moment over and over in my head. Everything in my body was screaming at me to stick on her wheel and it would have been a free ride around for 20 points. But my slight hesitation cost me a better placement.

The rest of the race went well - although i have never seen so many women pass on the apron. One offender finally got DQ'd - good! Those cheaters. Kick em out. I managed to gain a single point on the 30 to go sprint placing me in 11th. Had I positioned myself better for the final sprint I would definitely had 5th. Oh well - next year I'm working my pursuit so I can be that much stronger and make moves all the time. I had such a good time last night - and am headed back today for some scratch racing.

No comments: