Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back into the mode....

LONG travel day home - we were dealing with customs, flying and long lines for about 9 straight hours on Sunday. But it was all worth it the moment my skin hit the sheets. Slept like a baby.

I've been gathering my thoughts about the upcoming season - ways to tackle my lofty goals and getting all my ducks lined up in a row, so to speak. My number one goal next year: Aggressive. Time to put the hurt on. But that in turn means to put the hurt on myself in order to reach my goal. I'm putting more focus on LT this year than before because I need to start winning some stinking races!

I reluctantly re-joined the gym down the street. They changed their dues recently and upped the price - but it's super close and I'll actually go. Plus there's that added motivation considering I'm paying for it month after month. I'm going to try and incorporate weights throughout the entire season, not just in the fall. And they have yoga and spinning classes.

Training log - why did I stop keeping one? What was I thinking? Time to jot down everything including my resting HR each AM.

Diet - limited sweets and no beer. This is going to be hard. But I've done it before - so I can try it again. ;) Ryan has been bringing home some tastey IPA's and Belgiums.

No comments: