Friday, May 19, 2006

Round and round and round and round.....

Have you ever tried something and realized about 20 minutes later that you're in way over your head? And the only thing that kept you from realizing it earlier is sheer stubborness and determination?

I had one of those days yesterday. I did the 6pm Seward Park crit - 45 minutes of going round and round. I had a great starting position - but then fell further and further back in the bunch as the watts continued being pushed out and my little legs started to fatigue. If I had only maintained my spot in the front 1/3 I would have hung a lot longer. I rode with my powertap - and averaged about 350 watts for 1m. Not bad. It'll only make me stronger!

I don't mind having my butt handed to me on a platter - it lights a fire in my belly to do better each and every time. So maybe next week I'll stay in longer - and put more time in the front position. Let the boys know I'm hear to play and stay in their group.

The CLAW's this weekend....

No comments: