Sunday, May 21, 2006

Anna Belle

I had a great aunt that passed away nearly a year ago and she left some inheritance money to her heirs. My mom received her check Friday and uttered to me, "let's go buy you a bike!" Seriously? I jumped at that and we headed down to Speedy Reedy, a local tri/TT shop within 1 mile of my house. Amazingly they had the perfect bike - and it's a perfect fit. I'm calling it Anna Belle: The Time Machine.

Yesterday I got to take it out and race it during stage one of Enumscratch TT... and did really well. For having only done a handful of TT's - I'm starting to get better and better at them. Gina's been my bench mark and I've been whiddling down my time closer and closer to hers. In the beginning of the season I was roughly 45 seconds off... and yesterday I was within 8 seconds. 8 seconds! I can make that difference up if I dialed in my position and slapped my disc wheel on. Fabulous!

Later in the afternoon we had our 40 minute crit. The Symmetric team showed up - cleaning house. They dominated us mere amatuers. Except I did pass one of them with my TT time. :) But they shelled me from the crit - about 20 minutes into it - the surges and being in the back of our small pack just killed my legs. My mom's convinced that if I had a radio and ate more (she claims I'm the skinniest woman out there - cha right!) I would have had more left in the tank to take it to those ladies. I wish that were the case. The fact of the matter is the Symmetrics team kicked ass and have lots of hard fast miles in their legs. I'll get there - it's all part of the process.

Lesson learned though - Mandy was in a solo break and I bridged the gap up to her - and she quickly sat up. I talked to Miller about it later and he said Canadians only help Canadians. Maybe I should sew a maple leaf on my jersey. ;)

Today's the RR - I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be an ass kicking - but we'll survive. 4 times - up Mud Dam Mountain. More to come later....

No comments: