Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Morning Rides

I've forgotten how much I enjoy getting an early morning workout in. It's the perfect way to start the day. A brisk morning, with lots of neon commuters battling their way into work over the ruts and bumps of the Burke - breathing in the fresh spring, lake air. Ahhh - there's nothing quite like it. I used to commute to Bellevue daily - along I-90 and get to watch the sun come up. It was always a welcomed excuse to be late to work - for not only was I making a difference and having one less car on the road, but I was also taking my health into my own hands. You know it's funny - if I thought about where I'd be now in regard to racing and general fitness - I wouldn't be that surprized. Cycling is such an amazing lifestyle. It has opened my eyes to a bigger picture - yet whiddled it down to a narrow scope. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Training's been going well. I'm so glad I put in the 90 miles this weekend. I just checked out the Elkhorn logistics and it looks like it will be a challenge. I'm trying to get Emily to come with so we can camp in Maggie. Good times - I just hope she takes me up on it.

No comments: