Friday, February 18, 2005

Swimmin'

Dipped into the pool this morning for the first time in months. It all came back the minute my toes touched the water. I free styled for 45 minutes - taking care not to kick too violently. My achilles felt good - no pain or creaking although it is still tender. And yes, I'm taking ibuprofen three times daily. We made this awesome butternut squash lasagna last night... mmmm leftovers.

I also talked to Jill last night. She admitted feeling super intimidated with the upcoming racing season and doubts her own riding skills. I know she can ride - I've riden right next to her, behind her, in front of her, etc - but she gets this little voice of doubt whispering in her ear and one must tread lightly in what is said or catastrophy may happen. I'm trying to put a finger on it - it seems she needs constant confirmation of why she's racing. I'm finding that the best thing to do is just be supportive and possitive and she'll talk herself into that happy place. Maybe I should remind her of what she said in November for her bio: To keep from causing major pile ups. Ok, seriously, to become an upcoming and serious threat to the current field of Master’s riders.

No comments: