Friday, June 17, 2011

Well today was a learning experience, that's for sure. I have an easy time moving around in the pack, taking corners with ease and feeling comfortable with everyone around me. My engine is big and I am able to recover and relax in the amoeba. But when push comes to shove, I struggle with maintaining my positioning. So tonight's meditation will be dedicated to holding that position and fending off any challengers.

I came back from the Thiensville crit and laid down on the floor for 45 minutes. I was unable to move and just soaked in how hard I had pushed my body. There is nothing like doing this much racing back to back to back. You get so many opportunities for improvement. And there's free chocolate milk after every race.

Tomorrow is another day of racing - it's all about recovery after those races and chilling out as much as possible.

No comments: