Saturday, June 18, 2011

Recovery Mode

Cycling requires mastery of many things. You have to master handling your bike, pedaling efficiently, hydrating, nutrition, timing gu's, cornering, sprinting, bridging, pushing your body, learning lessons and moving on - but above all you must master recovery.

For as hard as one must push their body, it takes three times as much recovery to enable a repeat performance. Time spent laying down is money in the bank. And as much as I would love to be seeing all the wonderful things the state of Wisconsin has to offer - I also know the inside of my guest bedroom like the back of my hand. It's a glamorous lifestyle, let me tell you.

Tonight is the Grafton Crit- a stop on the USA Pro Crit series. Huge crowds, big cash premes and ladies ready to throw down will ensure a true test of grit and determination. I have a game plan - a confidence building, ninja moving, leg throbbing good bike racing strategy. Here's to making it happen.

No comments: