Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Goosebumps

I got a call from my friend Mary last night wishing me luck with track nats. It was a perfectly timed call - and helped me refocus and get excited about nats. I actually got goosebumps thinking about it. I was so tired from my effort yesterday that I just about cracked. She helped me realize I am going stinking fast and only good things are going to happen at nats. And then I got a text from Emily - wishing me the same. The timing couldn't have been better.

But alas this morning I headed to the track early to get in a session before work. It took 45 minutes to get there - usually it's only 15. Then once I got there this fog covered all of Marymoor. No worries though - just as I got to the track it cleared up and you could only hear the waddling of the geese in the middle of the infield. I warmed up - in what felt like an enormous gear - 51x16. I should have known right then and there to rest, go home. Take a load off and do fun things. Instead I attempted a flying 2k effort in a 50x15 and cracked. My body is tired - my mind is starting to play tricks on me and I made a good decision to just go home. But I'm supposed to be tired - and now I get a couple of days off the bike, do some fine tuning this weekend and then WHACK! Rip some legs off at nats. Thanks Glenn for the encouragment. Again, perfect timing.

So yes, I think I'm ready.

And if I ever start thinking running sounds good - all I have to do is think about this dude's toes...

No comments: