Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pole con mole

So some people have a hard time spelling things - but I have a hard time pronouncing them. Tonight at dinner I ordered pole on mole - (pollo con mole). Whopps - I butchered that one!

This morning I woke up with a slight hack - Jana and I went for a nice morning ride and then I came back, showered and felt like poo. I decided to give the race a go - mainly because the course was so much fun and I came here to race. And I was doing my goals - positive self talk during the race, moving forward constantly and not being the last person in the race. And then boom - I hit a wall and started feeling terrible. Once the pack caught me, I had an asthma attack and had to pull over before passing out. Darn - two races in a row where I have terrible performance due to things outside my control. I had taken a couple of hits from my inhaler prior to the race and unfortunately that didn't have any effect. I still feel a little wheezy hours after ward - and think I may be fighting something. Tomorrow will tell.

No comments: