Monday, December 12, 2005

day after day, mile upon mile

managed to log 16.1 hours on the bike this week for a total of 247 miles. Not bad - not bad at all. Especially considering that it was supposed to be my rest week. Today begins the serious training - 30 miles with high cadence sprints at the end - 4 by 20 second intervals. I misread it wrong originally and thought I only had 30 minutes... nope. I'll have a rest day on Wednesday. Pain and suffering has to take a back seat to hard work and motivation.

The weather has been nice. It's chilly out but not raining - which I prefer. Chris mentioned yesterday that we've had terrible weather the past couple weeks - well if he considers this bad - I would much rather take this then the rain. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. :)

I did the lake yesterday with Tim - it was so nice to ride it with someone else. We talked the entire 3 1/2 hours. Next midweek I have to ride the lake again and add a couple of miles - I'm dying to learn some of the east side routes to add on the extra mileage. Maybe I'll email Adrian and see if he has some suggestions.

No comments: