Thursday, April 07, 2011

The Flow

I was in bed at 9:30 last night, with full intention of calling it an early night and catching a full 8 hours before my early 5:30 wake up call. Instead, I found myself playing Angry Birds, a game I am fully hooked on -until oh, 11pm. It's not that I wasn't tired, I just couldn't land my boom boom birds in the same pig blowing up sequence and I'll be damned if I was going to settle for anything less then three stars! Die piggy's! (:

Jake, my housemate that lives downstairs, has early mornings on Tuesday and Thursdays. I usually hear him and wake up just enough to glance at the clock, confirming he's not late for work - and then shut them tight and fall right back to sleep as I hear him lock the front door.

But today was different. Today, I headed to hot yoga. The 6am class.

Yep, I'm crazy. Even Makiah thought so when she barely lifted her head sensing I was up way earlier then normal.

It has been down right chilly the past couple of days. Last night it snowed in Bellevue (just east of Seattle). Which makes the 105 degree room and steady sweat that much more appealing. Fortunately it wasn't raining when I left the house at 5:45, so I walked the ten blocks to Bikrams.

Inside, I found warmth, clarity and balance. I let go of any attachments I had to the weather, to any emotional turmoil (thankfully there are none!), to thinking about what has happened or what will, to being up way earlier then normal. For 90 minutes, I consciously focused on the here and now. Bringing the mind back to the breath. I entered the flow.

"The more efficient you are of letting go, the more energy will return," our instructor guided.

Amen, sister. Amen.

No comments: