Monday, September 27, 2010

Updates

I'm resting between efforts at the track. This is my second time on the boards and I'm still hesitant on the top part of the track near the rail as the drop down to the apron seems miles away. I know that as the week progresses those insecurities will deminish but for now I take comfort in hauling ass up there. 

The constant hum of tires on wood fill my ears as the likes of Sarah hammer, the dr. Kay men's pursuit squad, Canadian national team and Kevin mansker pedal in revolutions, just to name a few. (for those of you who don't know who I'm talking about these people are world class cyclists and hopefully their prowess will rub off while I sit here.)

Monique Sullivan (can) grinds a 103" gear while being paced by an electric motor at Mach speeds as they prep for the pan am games in india which. They leave for on thursday. Friends are starting to assemble on the infield in what I deem the pressure cooker and while remained camped there for the week.

My second effort calls... And gear changing. Just thought I would give you a quick glimpse of what goes on inside the velodrome. More to come.

Ps la just hit records temps... 113. It's hotter than balls here.

No comments: