Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Game on!

Wow. Yesterday wrecked me. I woke up this morning with a sore jaw from clenching my teeth all night - not sure what brought that on? A cup of joe or two later and I was feeling much better. My work schedule shifted back to a later start - which gave me more time to mess around this morning.

Since I lent Chris my Redline Cross bike, I was in search of some sort of ride to commute into work on. I don't feel comfortable chaining my race bike up so I went deep into the recess of my basement and dug out my original bike. A 1996 vintage Diamondback mountain bike. Bought to commute back and forth to WWU when the mountain bike craze was in full swing - the very same bike that I commented to Ryan on our first ride up the hill to campus - "I'm just not made to ride a bike."



Ha! Talk about eating those words.

It's the same bike Dave took a digger on back in some Fremont bar stumbling days about 7-8 years ago... and it probably hasn't been ridden since. The tires pumped up though, I dusted her off and the shifting works great! Good as new. So what if the saddle points up at a 45 degree angle.

I didn't fully inspect it and as I zoomed down my drive way thinking, this could be dangerous, I nearly ran smack dab into my friend Jonah who was sporting a vintage Softride.



We chuckled at our silly bikes... his excuse being similar in that he needed a commuter bike and his father in law was willing to donate it. So if you see some guy cruising around town on a yellow softride - don't forget to yell - yo Jonah! He'll probably pull a "hi wayne" move.

No comments: