Wednesday, February 22, 2006

in the middle of the night

I awoke, listening to my dog whimper along side the bed. Knowing it's better not to ignore her, I got up and let her outside to watch her scamper back and forth doing the shit dance at 4:30am. After letting her back in, I crawled back in bed only to toss and turn for an hour and a half before finally realizing sleep was not going to come unless I silenced the tum tum. I was more than happy to shovel down another piece of pizza from dinner. The morning's weigh in showed just how smart that was though. Ahhh the scale. It's a love/hate relationship. Depending on which way it tips - it can either make or break the day. I try not to dwell on it but having a weight problem in the past does wonders for my paranoia. And I recently read a quote that if you want to become a better climber than lose weight.

I read through some of my blogs from last year - wow. I can't believe how much you learn in the first year of racing. It's been a trip and the journey has just begun!

No comments: