Thursday, January 19, 2006

training with purpose

It's funny how life will through you a life line when you least expect it. I thought I was going to have to do some soul searching for the answer to my lackluster training mentality - and bam! USA cycling sends out a newsletter this morning with a beaming Sarah Hammer on the front page and an article on the second page about training with purpose. The article talked about making each training ride count - and not let it roll into just a ride. Some where in the midst of training all these hours - I was focusing on the hours going by - and not the importance of the serious training I am putting in. Ryan had another good point too - what I'm doing is not going to be easy. I have big goals and aspirations - and to get there I'm going to have to put in some serious time and mental capacity to achieve them. Not to be cliche - but champions are made a day at a time. Just when the going gets tough - I have to remember to keep at it.

Plus only 10 more days of this long endurance work and then I'll be onto lighter hours - but harder intensity. I'm looking forward to a change.

On a side note - we went out to dinner last night at the Met with George and Jaimie in celebration of G's birfday. It was a lot of fun and I ate some really really rich food. I wonder how many calories I consumed!

No comments: