Monday, January 16, 2006

2008....

Surrounding yourself with positive energy is so important when striving for your dreams. I went on two different rides this weekend and both times I encountered people who said that going for more than local races is not their bag and self -defeating. "I want to be a big fish in a small pond instead of getting my butt kicked in a big pond." Well - that's not what I really wanted to hear. Although I suppose I was over due for someone telling me what I'm attempting is nuts and beyond all reason. But then again - those are the moments when what I'm doing becomes really clear and important and reminds me why I'm doing what I'm doing..... it's a dream. And I'm a firm believer in doing what makes you happy - so why not? A champion is made a day at a time. I'm willing to do the work and get defeated - learn my lessons and continue on.

Most importantly - it just goes to show what an amazing network of friends and family I have that are truely supportive of my dreams/hopes and aspirations. Thank you to all of you who believe in me.

No comments: