Thursday, May 19, 2011

The unexpected

I sensed something was about to happen, yet I didn't know what to expect. I strive to keep my mind open to new experiences - never turning something down out of fear or because I haven't done it before. In fact, I do quite the opposite. I seek out adventure - choosing paths less traveled and welcoming them into my life with open arms.

So when I emailed my friend Cari to find out if she was going to be track racing in Minnesota in a little less than a month and she said no - but was going to focus on the road - I asked more about it. "What races are you doing?"

"Tulsa Tough and Tour of America's Dairyland. You should come!"

I booked a flight within an hour. Suddenly, summer got a lot more fun.

The game plane: Fixed Gear Classic, June 10, 11 and 12. Then 10 days straight of roaming around the land of great cheese and bike racing.

Now all I have to figure out is what to do with Makiah.... any body up for some dog sitting?

No comments: