Friday, May 06, 2011

Paul Bunion

I think I'm going to be sick.

I've been having more and more pain in my foot from a bunion thanks to my grandmother's genetics. It's gotten to the point of shooting pain when I wear shoes with too much flex. Thankfully it's no problem inside my cycling shoes - as their carbon soles don't allow for any movement.

So I looked into it - and started to get grossed out.

Wanna see?
Okay - well maybe it's not THAT bad. But the bottom line - it's starting to become something I can't ignore anymore.

But what really gave me the heebie jeebies was the accompanying surgery photos and what they do to fix it. I'm sorry but seeing someone's open flesh makes me nauseous. I get light headed and shivers run up and down my spine.

Kind of surprised coming from a girl who used to get hit in the head for fun? Don't be. I once bolted out of a dentist office after being numbed up and heard the drill come on. Somethings just wig me out.

Recovery time from surgery if I end up going that route is 6 weeks to 6 months. Sounds like an off season proposition if I can wait that long.

No comments: