Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It never ceases to amaze me that a short conversation with a friend can turn your perspective back toward its sunny disposition. Tela's old coach had a one water bottle rule* and honestly, I was nursing that bottle for well over 24 hours. But now it's empty and my physical and mental strength are returning.

Remember the cookie cravings I mentioned? Well, I traded it in for Chocolate Gelato instead. Those cookies will just have to wait until after I'm done crushing. I've got goals to accomplish, pedals to turn and kilojoules to burn. And with each workout an opportunity to get closer to my long term vision, I am carefully monitoring everything I put in my body.

A champion is made a day at a time.

(Thanks Amara for the great photography this weekend.)



*The Water Bottle Rule: If race outcome doesn't go as planned, you have every right to be upset. But you can only be upset for the time it takes to drink one water bottle. After that you chalk it up to experience and don't let it bother you.

1 comment:

beth bikes! said...

that is a good rule - i like it! but that can relate to dangerous dehydration. especially if one is crying and not drinking water. (not that i ever do that.) ha!

speaking of water, make the rain stop! i'm not hardcore like you people in the pacific NW!

it was super good seeing you! you look so fit and strong right now -- you will be pow pow this summer!