Sunday, March 01, 2009

The pitter pat of the rain this morning did wonders to my motivational levels. Thoughts of blowing the TT off crossed my mind - but a quick check with Hardcore - and I knew I was in for it, rain or shine. Like icing on a cake - it was as if yesterdays ass kicker with the Rocket ride wasn't enough for my mental demise... much to my surprise today actually turned out to be ok! It was dry at the start of the TT - and it was really good to see some familiar faces that have been hibernating since last fall, myself included. The pain locker still feels the same - but like a long lost, friend - I missed it! I got to re-enter the tunnel vision that only accompanies a really hard ride. Who knows or cares what my actual time was - I'm just happy to be out racing my bike and gaining some fitness for the long good season ahead...

No comments: