Friday, October 24, 2008

Making and taking the time

Seattle is absolutely gorgeous right now. It's chilly in the mornings, nearing freezing temps, and then as the day wears on it gets a little warmer and the blue sky pokes out - making the already brilliant fall reds, yellows and browns pop with more clarity. The cold mornings are just a reminder to soak in the last bit of color before the long dark winter moves in for a couple of months.

And in honor of those dark months, I bought a BRIGHT orange wool coat while in Poppi. Sure it's bright, sure it's obnoxious, but it's super stylish and in two years everyone in the states will have one. I'm just a little before my time, I suppose...



So if you see someone sporting a nice BRIGHT orange jacket in the middle of drab winter in Seattle - make sure you say hello!

I'm still soaking in the benefits of my trip and have been procrastinating doing a trip report until I need a big reminder of how fun it was.... so don't worry, it's still coming. I suppose I'm waiting for the rains to hit.

In the meantime I've been staying super busy, which is good. I miraculously made it through our closet the other day. I kept my favorite pieces that remind me of Ryan and still smell of him - and although it was hard, I laughed my ass off when I came across his leprechaun shoes. Maybe I'll be a leprechaun in his honor for Halloween... green tights and all! So many choices! I also moved all of the bikes downstairs because our basement is DONE! It looks amazing! I rearranged the spare bedroom so it's actually functional.

And I'm still sleep deprived. I hope to be back on PST time soon. Running on both zones is exhausting, but as I said before and will continue to say - it's sooooo worth it!

No comments: