Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thinking about new years....

I decided last night that I am going to try and ride the rollers everyday before I have my first cup of joe. Why? Well why not? 30 minutes a day - can only increase my fitness and help me use my dusty skin suites.

I've been climbing a lot lately. It feels good to get some upper body and core strength going. I set a record this week by climbing three times. Amazing. I even bought a new pair of climbing shoes. Wow - things are getting serious. I swear it's the only thin keeping me sane while we experienced this winter storm. I don't see how the people in the heartland do it - training indoors that is. I would go stir crazy. Actually - I probably wouldn't have any interest in cycling. Maybe I'd be a professional curler or something.

I get to ride me bike outside for the first time since Saturday today. I'm stoked! Marcy and I are headed to the gym so I can beat the shit out of their heavy bag. Should be fun. I broke out my old pink gloves. Last time I fooled around I was sore for a day afterward. What a different kind of fitness! I miss boxing's intensity and discipline. It's the same in cycling - but I haven't found how to direct my workouts yet without the help of a coach. But I'm working on it.

I've been having a hard time with my dad lately. To make a long story short - he wants nothing to do with Ryan and have a relationship with me. I don't get it. I've expressed to him that Ryan and I are a pair - he is my world. And I told him that for us to have a relationship then he's going to have to soften his approach with Ryan. He said he wasn't willing to do that. Ouch. I refuse to get in the middle of it anymore though - but it still makes it a struggle every time the mud gets stirred up in the bottom of the pond. Funny how holidays bring out the monsters. I guess everyone needs a little Jerry Springer in their lives.

No comments: