Monday, November 13, 2006

mazama bound

Whoa that weekend flew by!

Friday night we went climbing with some friends and then ended up at Ben and Danielle's house for a fabulous dinner of black cod and chantrell mushrooms. Then we headed out to Sunset Lanes and got our bowling on till the wee hours of the morning. Fun times!

Saturday morning I was up bright and early for a team ride - which headed north up to Hollywood Hill. The majority of the crew split off from there and headed north and I headed back with Kate because of a previous obligation for a female psychologist workshop. We crested Hollywood at 11:30 - the meeting was at 1 so I tempo'd back home. Kate has a back injury so she ended up peeling off while I got in my intensity.

The meeting was good - lots of information and how to deal with your own inner demons about cycling. Carrie gave us each a list of different books to use as resources if we're interested. I'm definitely going to check them out.

Saturday night we headed out to the Palace kitchen with Lincoln, Shelly, Johovah, Annie, Annie, Jean-Paul, Sema, Ryan and Nicole. Quite a crew! Lincoln had made reservations at Jazz Alley to see the Average White Band. It was awesome! We were out late again - this time only till 1am because the garage closed.

Sunday we went to our first Seahawks game. Ryan's employer Pacific Ridge Homes won box seats from an auction and had a fully catered suite for about 8 of its employees. He won the tix about 2 months ago. Seahawks won over the St. Louis Ram's - a HUGE win for the division title and getting into the Playoffs.

We were exhausted by Sunday night. I didn't make it on my Cougar ride - but think it was wise to chill considering the blizzard outside and how physically tired I was.

And now it's Monday and Ryan and I are making plans for next weekend to go to Mazama and view a property we're potentially going to put an offer on. Should be cool!

No comments: