Friday, October 28, 2005

moving on

So I found out what it's like to be on the other side of the fence. Melinda decided to find another team - she says she felt like she needed a bigger team with more mentors on it. The turning point for her was also the kits - the new ones for Starbucks were just not as cool as we had anticipated. To make a long story short - I found out she moved onto Group Health. Good for her - but at the same time, lame! She's a good friend and I know regardless of what team we are on - whether that be the same team or a different one - we will remain friends. Now I know how everyone else must have felt when I had my feet held to the fire. But you do what you have to do for hopefully the right reasons. I also know she's not training with Miller at the moment - and not sure if she will pick it back up again in the winter. People just move on I guess.

There's a lot to be said about sticking to something - striving toward your goals, regardless of how many obstacles are thrown in your way. It really takes a lot of time and dedication to get to the upper levels of a sport - there's no half -assing your way up there.

Rowing is going well - I got to ride in a single scull today. It was super tipsy at first but once you get used to the extra core balance you have to maintain - it's super fun. I look forward to trying it again and again. Ryan warned me about getting competitive about it - I have to keep focused on cycling... there's more time later in life to pick up a sport and stick to it.

I've been tempted to eat sweets lately - Halloween is here and I think this is the first time since I was an infant to go sugarfree! Impressive.

No comments: