Sunday, June 19, 2005

playing with the big girls....

ah - what a race! Probably one of my favorite ones of the season. It was simply amazing. Sure I was humbled today - but I pulled a rookie move and learned from my mistake. Those girls better watch out! It was funny - I went up to Mindy after the race and congratulated her - she said thanks Jennifer. Whoa - she knew my name! Craziness!
So the rookie move you might ask? I moved up the line and got off the front - I was a couple of bike lengths up and then they caught up pretty quickly. Then before I knew it, I was sucking air off the back and had a hard time recovering. Silly me. What was I thinking?! But oh the corners - they were so stinking fun. I did learn that I need to tighten them up a little - thanks to Annie from Wines. I had my moment of glory though - apparently the announcer was saying my name again and again. Then Phil Miller came and said, I wasn't going to pull you! I should have kept going just out of sheer determination. But I pulled myself and happily grabbed my recovery drink. Live and learn .... I learned a lot today! Fun times. I can't wait till the next one!!!

No comments: