Thursday, May 24, 2012

Porsche 2012 Track Day


Today was like a powder day on the slopes. You don't mind that you're getting up super early because you know you are guaranteed a shit eating grin from ear to ear, all day. I even woke up before my alarm went off - impressive!

Why, might you ask?
This might have had something to do with it....



Porsche of Colorado Springs sponsors our Pro Design bike racing team. And part of our team membership includes volunteering for various events. Today's event: 8+ hours of track time down in Fountain, Colorado at Pike Peak International Raceway.

It was rough.

I mean seriously. We had to corner marshal, watch fast street and race cars zoom around the track, ride with Fred the professional race driver and then have a turn at it ourselves.

I haven't squealed like that since Six Flags with Benjamin.


Meet my friend, Mr. 911 S. Don't worry, this one is used. You can purchase it for just shy of $100,000.

They actually let me drive this thing. 115 mph (or maybe more? I wasn't looking at the dashboard....)



Porsche of COS rented the entire track as a thank you to its customers and even some upper management came to check it out. Joe Brenner, a friend and GM put on quite a show.

Thanks Porsche. I now have a new interest....

No comments: