Saturday, October 30, 2010

Whoa, Slacking!

Despite having a lot more time on my hands, I've managed to spend it doing a million other things. Tackling that honey-do list is time consuming but each day I get to check off one more thing from the list.

The most recent and exciting thing I did though was purchase my ticket to Melbourne! And come to the realization that in order for me to follow my dreams, several people have to be on board. One of which is my mom - who has been very instrumental in my success. Without her unwavering support and encouragement, shoulder to cry on, ear to vent to, spirits to uplift - my lofty goals would probably have faded long ago. I can't thank her enough for helping me gather up the courage to strive for my dreams. I am a lucky and fortunate daughter. And who can forget some key slogans she's relayed to me over the years: "Don't strain your milk!" and "Grow some balls, Jennifer."

Mothers are special people and I hit the jackpot with mine.

Other items on that honey do? My house has been seeing some improvements. More from a decorating perspective than anything. I've framed some prints that have been hanging around and worked on their zen like placement. The ghosts in my house are being kept at bay in doing so and I feel like I'm reclaiming my space. Some things have been put away - not forgotten, just stored for another time.

Meanwhile, things are coming along with the HB team. Wheeler recently announcing her signing with Tibco for the 2011 season, which is pretty kick ass! We have a couple of ladies who are new and attracted to our team filled with strong athletes and we've started planning how to nurture them for the upcoming season. It's pretty cool being surrounded by such a great group of people - again, I am fortunate in so many ways.

Makiah is doing good - though I can tell she senses I am on a traveling spree in the near future. She keeps me on my toes though and has been getting more and more walks to Gasworks park. The smile that spreads across her face and bounce in her step is priceless.

Well training calls - back to the bike. Happy pedaling and have a great Halloween!

No comments: