Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A boat glides through the glassy water of the canal on its way through Lake Union and potentially headed to Lake Washington. It putters by my window - easily visible through the tree branches that have shed nearly all their leaves. The sky is dark - the clouds a solid light gray sputtering rain and creating little ripples in the water.

Makiah rests beneath my desk, under foot, sleeping quietly and happy to be near. My iTunes spins perfect November music - that both warm the heart and recognize the cooler months ahead. My mind starts to ease a little - a much needed break from having a hard couple of days.

And the anticipation of winter sports continues to resurface. I pick up a new pair of sleds today - and my eagerness to get some white powdery terrain beneath my legs increases...

No comments: