Thursday, July 10, 2008

"No man is invincible, and therefore no man can fully understand that which would make him invincible. Even with complete and thorough study there is always the possibility of being defeated and although one may be expert in a particular form, mastery is something a man never stops seeking to attain."

(Taken from the "Book of Five Rings" by Stephen F. Kaufman, Hanshi 10th Dan.

With each workout, each leg flopped over the top tube and butt lifted into the saddle, each time I put on my chamois, each time I strap my helmet into place, fill up my water bottles, turn my crank arms - I'm striving to become a master. And although it might seem overwhelming that you can never truly master something - I look forward to each chance I get in striving toward it.

I can't wait to get out there today!

No comments: