Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catching up

slept 10 hours last night. I didn't even bother setting the alarm this morning - in hopes I would be able to sleep in - something that I haven't been able to do in over a month. Usually my mind wakes me up before 8 - with racing thoughts dancing through my brain and my body ready to get up and get at 'em. Well today was like opening a big bow topped present - totally unnecessary but absolutely amazing. And I slept like a baby.

I was doing the morning routine of checking the web for any new news that might have happened while slumbering when I realized today was the day to get my F650 into BMW to check on a battery drain warranty issue. I quickly dressed, threw on my helmet and was out the door. The beauty of having a BMW other than the fact that it can stand for "Break My Wallet" is they have a loaner program - and they HOOKED ME UP. The Ride West site boasts the R1200 S as "enough raw power to shock...."

And they weren't kidding.

It scared the shit out of me on my way home. Easily cruising up to 50mph in 2nd - and quickly reminding me I can pop wheelies in any gear - any time. Talk about a smoking hot bike.

Hopefully I won't lay down a $14,500 bike. VRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!



(It's a straight up track bike.) And you can bet - I'm taking the long way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jealous! Jealous I am! Why doesn't my dealer have service loaners?

Let me know if you want to take the underpowered bikes out for a spin sometime!