Sunday, July 20, 2008

Five down, one to go!

Wow - what a long weekend of racing. Just got back from the morning session after a LONG day of racing on Saturday. Highlights - placed 3rd in the 200m, and held off my third place in the sprints. (Yeah, I know! What's this sprinter shit?!) Then raced a fast and furious scratch race - placing 4th behind Cari Higgins, Erica Allar and Shelley Olds. Immediately afterward I lined up for the Team Sprint with Monique Sullivan and we set a new track record!!! It was amazing!

I had a hard time falling asleep last night with all that adrenaline pumping through my body.

Unfortunately the Keirin heats were hard - first I was paired up with Monique and although I gave her a run for her money - she was just too fast. Then I was in a rep with Kele and some other girls - and sat in 4th. I had to come around too many people, nearly nipping Kele at the line and lost. :( But it makes me stronger and prepares me for next time.

In between the Keirin heats was a miss and out - one of the hardest ones I've done to date. I made it down to the final three and tried jumping but Erica was a little faster than me today and got a jump. Kele was third. So far the racing has been super fun - and last but not least is our points race. It's going to hurt - but should be fun!

No comments: