Thursday, August 30, 2007

Heat effects

Yesterday was one of the hotter days of the year in Seattle - right around 82. I know, I know - for all you out of town readers, 82 isn't that hot at all - but for around here, that's hot enough to get your basement to finally dry out after a long winter of rain!

Ryan headed up to North Bend to do some bouldering with some buddies - a perfect excuse for me to ride out East and meet them. This photo shows Mt Si - and little Si, the bump of a mountain to the South of the rocks. The hike to the crag takes about 30 minutes, and the summit to the top of Si takes anywhere from 3-6 hours.















Thankfully I decided to just hang out at the car for an hour waiting for Ryan and his crew to show back up. My tummy wasn't feeling well and for the first time in forever, I didn't feel the need to eat while riding. Strange. We headed to NBBG afterward (a local pub) to get some grub and by then I was hungry enough to eat. But at about 4am, my body let me know that eating a hamburger wasn't the smartest choice and next thing I know, I'm running laps back and forth between our bed and the bathroom. I know, too much information.

So I'm thinking either a) dehydration from the heat or b) food poisoning. Maybe a little bit of both? Either way, I think my gym workout has been canceled for the day and a little R&R is what's needed before I do any kind of exertion. Yep, I'm being a big baby.

No comments: