Tuesday, August 07, 2007

4 hour Cinnamon Rolls

Tried a new recipe this morning, which ended up dipping into the afternoon. Caprials Deserts is the mecca for anything sweet - and I had a hankering to spend a little domestic time in the kitchen today.

So what took so long? First you have to mix up the dough, and don't forget the mad dash to the store to pick up more eggs and flour. Then you let the dough rise for an hour while domestically cleaning up your house. (I was actually able to dust! That only happens like twice a year.) Then you punch the dough down and roll it out into a 10x14" rectangle, dress it with melted butter, sprinkle a sugar/cinnamon mixture on it and then roll it into a big fatty. Cut it into 2" pieces and then let it rise another hour. For that hour of downtime I decided to work on adding some links to my track chain, which took FOREVER. A little bit of swearing, several tools spread across the dining room table, grease on my clothing and hands... but I got it. And before I knew it, it was time to stick the little buns into the oven. 25 minutes later I whipped up the sugar glaze and was popping the tasty morsels in my mouth with a serious sugar high. Yeah, I danced around my kitchen. That happens every time I put something delectable in my mouth. (My mom said I used to dance when I was little, somethings never change.)

Ryan called me later and asked, how were the buns? To which I responded, they took forever! And they're not that good. Ha! They taste like there's crack in them, they're so good. He's doing double time to get home to taste one.

If your in the neighborhood and low on sugar, stop on by and I'll give you a tasty bun.

1 comment:

cannondalegirl said...

mmmm ... buns.