Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Quite a shocker with the recent national news about the VTech massacre. My heart goes out to those who were effected by the horrific event. But it does make me wonder, we have slaughtering going on around the world where car bombs kill 84 people in one event - and not so much of a bleep is mentioned in mass media. The violence increases and yet a homeland event gets more press than the inhuman acts happening across the globe. I just don't get it.

Is it because we're desensitized to what's happening abroad? We don't realize that hundreds of thousands of families have lost their loved ones as well and something needs to stop? It's happening to someone else on the other side of the world - it doesn't hit home. But when it does then the questions start - the absolute frantic need to correct a screwed up system. Freaky.

Maybe I should just crawl back into my sheltered bike racing life and hope it never hits close to home. Sorry - that's my soap box for the day.

No comments: